About this Webinar
What if we talked about saints and holy days in our homes with our families and friends instead of only in the church building? Panelists Allison Liles and Miriam McKenney will be in conversation with host Sarah Bentley Allred about exactly that. They will share methods and concrete ideas with participants.
Resources from Forward Movement
- Grow Christians Blog
- Growing Christians: Celebrating Saints and Holy Days at Home
- Meet the Saints Family storybook and curriculum
- Lent Madness
- Play Lent Madness
- Forma Facebook group – search saint or a specific saint
- Holy Troublemakers & Unconventional Saints curriculum
- Holy Troublemakers & Unconventional Saints book
- Godly Play People of Color who Inspire & lessons on biblical saints
- StoryMakers look for stories of saints like Joseph
- Stories of the Saints by Carey Wallace – good for older kids and teens
- I’m a Saint in the Making by Lisa Hendry
- Holidays and Holy Nights: Celebrating Twelve Seasonal Festivals of the Christian Year by Christopher Hill
- A Homemade Year: The Blessings of Cooking, Crafting, and Coming Together by Jerusalem Jackson Greer
- The Lectionary by Satucket – Miriam’s saint list source
- Becoming Beloved Community/Way of Love Books list by Miriam
- Paper monastery – a source for saint cards
- The Modern Saints by Gracie – a source for saint images
- A Great Cloud of Witnesses: A Calendar of Commemorations – list of saints
- 2021 Episcopal Liturgical Appointment Calendar – list of saints in a calendar for purchase
- Barbara C. Harris Commemoration Resources from the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts
The Rev. Allison Sandlin Liles is wife, mother, peacemaker and priest living in in the suburban wilds of Dallas. After working as Episcopal Peace Fellowship’s Executive Director for six years, Allison has re-entered parish ministry in the Diocese of Fort Worth. She currently serves as the Priest in Charge of St Stephen’s Episcopal Church in Hurst, Texas and the editor of GrowChristians.org, a ministry of Forward Movement.
Miriam Willard McKenney and her husband, David, met at the Union
of Black Episcopalians conference in 1981 and have three daughters. Miriam works as Forward Movement’s Director of Development and Mission Engagement and Youth Minister at Calvary Episcopal Church in Cincinnati. In the Diocese of Southern Ohio, Miriam serves on the Becoming Beloved Community Leadership Team and got a Becoming Beloved Community grant from the diocese to enter into racial reconciliation using picture books and radical honesty. Before joining Forward Movement’s staff in 2010, Miriam was a children’s librarian for over 20 years. Miriam blogs at growchristians.org and 50favbags.com.
The post Webinar: Using Saints and Holy Days to Teach the Faith at Home appeared first on Building Faith.