Hi guys! It’s the time for me to fast from social media again and every time I complete an online fast it’s always such a refreshing feeling to take a break and spend more time with my thoughts/ feelings, my baby, and God.
Despite how 2020 turned out I have been on a grind so slowing down and doing other things than scrolling online is something I’ve been enjoying.
I typically complete a 10 day quarterly fast but with how things are going in my life, I think I want to implement these throughout the month to fall back when I feel overwhelmed, consumed, and things get too noisy.
There is a lot of different fasts that you can complete. I’ve completed a Daniel fast, a 40 day and 40 night fast, a weekly fast, and so forth. I focus on fasting from things I tend to go to the most to remind myself of the things I don’t really need.
This year I started off doing a 21 day fast that extended for 40 days and it went great. I remember 2 days before my 21 days fast was ending. The holy spirit spoke and told me to complete a 40 day fast and I was like HUH!?
And guess what? A few days after that fast was over, I was able to get some insight about some issues I was going through personally and God revealed things to me so clear I knew exactly what I needed to do. During my current fast I didn’t eliminate food, it was more about getting offline for a moment to unplug and take care of myself. Here are some easy steps to complete a social media fast and what to do afterward.
1. Plan out what you will do during your fast before you begin your fast.
- This will help you not be subject to pick up your phone and get online because you will already know what to do.
2. Delete ALL Social media apps
- Deleting all your social media from your phone will help you from going online and begin strolling back on the media.
3. Breath/Don’t overthink things
- If you feel as if you can’t make it, breathe. It’s ok, look at this detox as a reward, not a burden, and change your way of thinking.
4. Spend time with your family
- I would say and friend as well but the way Covid-19 is set up, nobody’s safe. But spending time with my son has been such a rewarding feeling.
5. Talk to God
- Let me tell you, I’m not fearful for 2021 but I am not stressing about my dreams and goals. I am writing them down, working on my budget, brain dumping, and giving it all to God because we just don’t know. So I would rather make plans but ask God to guide me through them if it’s his will.
Doing these basic things has helped me during this time.
I’m working on a lot and all I can do is take things one day at a time and breath. I’m happy, refreshed, and ready for all God has in store for me.
What to do after your fast?
1. Clean up your social media.
- A day before I get back, I typically delete people who weren’t beneficial to feed, take any images down from more than 5 years ago, and prep for what images I want to post.
2. Review your social media
- I like to go through my images and check out my insight for engagement, clicks to see what post are beneficial to my audience to see what worked and what didn’t
3. Submit your Ideas to God
- If there are any ideas on the table, I like to give them to God so he can direct my path
I hope these were helpful. Happy new years to you all. Praying your 2021 goes well in Jesus name.