How I have wanted it to be so easy! I wanted my issues with food done and dusted and with as little pain as possible. Can my eating habits be changed overnight? Can years of overeating, bingeing (my biggest problem) and adding more healthy options into my diet happen overnight?
It can happen! But I think that for me at least, it didn’t. It has been a process. Hours, days, weeks, months. Some change sometimes, some great victories some times, some failures many times. An ongoing journey that has been overseen by God.
For most of us, we won’t change overnight. In the journey, we’ll learn to wait on God and have our character changed. We’ll learn about trust. And faith. We won’t be rid of the stronghold of food in super quick time. It’s a process. Victory waits on the other side. We just have to wait on God to get us there.
What is important to know?
The key is not to miss out on the learning process. What God teaches me. How He changes me and how I look at food. Growth and change all takes time.
- Am I focusing on what God can do with me in the changing process?
- Can I see how my relationship with God is growing?
- Do I feel that peace within because I are being obedient?
- Do I notice that I am starting to look at other things differently since I put God in control of the overeating?
- Have I come to see that my sensitivity to that still small voice is now active in so many different areas of my life and not just with my overeating problem?